Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 35 min
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Country Fresh milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 18 muffin pan cups or line with paper baking cups.; set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together cocoa and hot coffee to form a paste; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl combine brown sugar and oil; beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add cocoa paste; continue beating until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low; add sour cream, milk, eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl occasionally, until just combined. Slowly add flour mixture; continue beating just until combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chunks.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan cups. Sprinkle top of muffins with remaining ½ cup chocolate chunks. Bake 5 minutes; lower oven temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool muffins 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.