Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (2–3 carrots)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups Country Fresh Half & Half Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Country Fresh Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 3/4 lb)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and carrots about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over veggies. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in broth and Country Fresh Half & Half Cream. Stir until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in broccoli. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until broccoli is tender.
- Over very low heat, stir in the Country Fresh Heavy Whipping Cream and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with remaining cheese.
Tip: Top soup with cooked crumbled bacon or chopped ham for a meat-lover’s dinner.
Tip: Jazz up the soup using your favorite or what’s-on-hand cheese – pepper jack, Havarti with dill, or smoked gouda.